Join hundreds of other AppThemes customers and start using the top selling payment gateway plugin!
Stripe is the #1 alternative to PayPal and for good reason. It’s an easy-to-setup and completely integrated payment solution for your AppThemes business website.
Unlike PayPal, there are no confusing off-site redirects so the customer checkout experience is seamless. You also own your customer and credit card data so it’s portable and flexible (e.g. you can export it and/or manually initiate charges or credits from within Stripe).
There are no setup, monthly, or hidden fees. You’ll pay only when a transaction is made. Stripe also provides real-time reporting and other payment management features which are far more superior to PayPal. Transfers arrive in your bank account on a 2-day rolling basis. You can also opt to receive transfers weekly or monthly.
Still not convinced? Keep reading for additional benefits and features…
- SCA compliant
- Complete theme integration. Customers don’t even know they’re using Stripe.
- Support recurring payments so you can build your own subscription models within Stripe (theme must support recurring payments).
- Option to use the Stripe Checkout modal window for a more simplistic checkout experience.
- Accept payments from Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, and Diners Club cards.
- Stripe handles the processing, transmission, and storage of credit card data so you don’t need to worry about PCI compliance.
- Your customer’s personal information and credit cards are forever saved in Stripe so even if you change themes later, the data is portable.
- Completely customizable via the wp-admin options page. Include the billing address fields, change the button text, add your own logo, etc.
- Supports mobile devices and auto complete features for apps like 1Password to pre-fill securely stored credit card data.
- Validates credit card field inputs and displays the actual credit card brand image once it’s been recognized for a more professional look.
- Has it’s own API (via WordPress native actions and filters) so 3rd party developers can extend the plugin into their own products.
- Escrow functionality for Hirebee. View escrow setup documentation.
- to match your site.
- Active Stripe account – It’s easy to sign up. Make sure your country is supported first. See their country support page and confirm before you purchase this plugin.
- AppThemes product with payments support (all our themes excluding legacy Quality Control and Ideas).
- Stripe is available in limited currencies. Check their supported currency page to verify your currency is accepted.
- An SSL certificate for your website (unless you are in test mode). This means https must work correctly. See our FAQ tab for more information.
- PHP 5.3.3+
mbstring, curl, jsonPHP extensions must be enabled
Note: Images above show the plugin being used with Vantage (not included).