Jibo is a responsive ClassiPress 3.3 child theme enhanced with new features that extend the ClassiPress theme. Besides features, Jibo brings a beautiful, well-crafted design that increases you site reputation in the eyes of the audience. Some of the features built into Jibo include:
Grid – List based layout design:
- the user can switch between List and Grid layout with a click of a button.
- new site visitors are presented with grid layout by default but this can be set to list as well ( there’s is an admin option built for this ).
- a site wide cookie is being set for the user to save the default selected layout, this way, the users will see the preferred layout design when they browse your site and even if they close the browser and come back later, the will be presented with the same design.
- the home, single, blog and author pages got a new tabbing system based on jQuery-UI Tabs.
- “Recent ads” (3rd tab) is presented by default to new visitors but this can be changed to a different tab ( there’s is an admin option built for this ).
- the first tab is best used as a description page which is great for SEO (you can edit it in admin, html editor is enabled so you can use both text and images)
- Popular and Random ads front tabs can be disabled from admin for every visitor or only for the ones that use a mobile device.
Infinite scroll pagination
- Besides default pagination that exists in Classipress, Jibo has an optional pagination based on Infinite Scroll. Using this feature, visitors won’t have to click on page links to navigate in category pages because its enough to scroll down and new ads (pages) are loaded on the fly using ajax.
- This feature is optional, it can be enabled/disabled in Jibo admin settings.
Support for Google Adsense between every 3rd ad
- Now you can include an Adsense ad (468×60 recommended) after every 3rd ad on category pages.
- Better yet (see bellow), these Adsense ads play well accross mobile devices.
Support for Google Adsense Mobile Responsive ads
- Jibo now has support for Google’s new Asynchronous code for Adsense which means Adsense ads won’t break the Mobile experience anymore.
- each sticky (featured ad) is presented with a distinct “Premium” ribbon, different background and active yellow border.
- all featured ads stick on top of normal ads both on category pages and on search page.
Sorting / Filtering ads
- Category pages include a sorting / filtering ads optionUsers can sort ads by:
- Newest ads ;
- Oldest ads;
- Price – Lowest
- Price – Highest
- Most viewed ads first
- Most commented ads first
Users can exclude following ads:
- Ads without an image attached
- Ads that were marked as sold
- Ads that expired
- Both ads that were sold and ads that expired.
Mark sold and/or expired ads
- Sold ads or the ones that expired can be marked with a “Sold/Expired” text overlay over the loop images
- Title and descriptions are marked with a line-through the middle of the text so your visitors will know that the item/ad is no longer available.
- Both these features are optional and can be enabled/disabled individually in Admin settings.
Custom field in post-meta
- There’s an admin option to include an existing or a new custom field you may have created, in category loop pages for every ad like this: “Category | Author | cp_custom_field | Clock”.
- Any existing field can be used. Default is cp_state so it prints the state location for every ad. You can change it to cp_city or even cp_telephone (if its defined).
- Another nice feature about this field is that when it’s clicked, it triggers an advanced filter for that custom field within the current category to show only ads that include that value.
- The default background is now “White” but you have the option to choose your own background color (color picker enabled) or you can upload a background image from your computer. The settings can be found in WordPress Admin under Appearance – Background.
- For those that don’t want to use Google Maps, there’s a Child Theme admin option to disable both Google Maps and the external js file loaded for the maps.
Custom image dimensions
- Jibo uses custom (bigger) images for better appearance. (Please see the install section regarding these custom images)
- Single ad pages are extended with a set of 5 random related ads from the same category.