The consumers of today are more diligent and do their research before making a purchase online. They want to read what other people have to say about a product or service before pulling out their wallet.
79% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations (source BrightLocal) and many won’t purchase something unless they read a 3rd-party review.
Without a review system on your website, you’re losing sales.
- User reviews are proven to drive sales and increase conversions
- Increases search engine organic click-thru rates
- User-generated content exponentially helps build SEO-rich content for your website
- Creates a channel for constructive criticism and suggestions of your products
- Reduction in complaints and returns as reviews answer questions not always included in product descriptions
- Built with WordPress best practices (uses a custom comment type)
- Moderate, spam, or delete reviews just like comments
- Require users to be logged in before submitting a review
- Post author or admin can respond directly to each review
- Rating stars use a web font (instead of images) to allow custom colors and for retina/hdpi support
- Works in tandem with the native WordPress comment system (requires minor code & css edits)
- Basic styles provided to allow flexibility with other themes
- Includes Google Structured Data (json-ld) for stellar SEO results
- Ability to close reviews anytime on individual pages/posts
- Emails sent to author when new review submitted and/or pending approval
- Lots of WordPress actions and filters for developers to make custom modifications
- Allow Users to change stars rating (NEW in 1.4.0!)
- Allow admin to edit any review star rating in WordPress dashboard (NEW in 1.4.0!)
As you can see, adding a professional review and rating system to your WordPress website can yield significant benefits. What are you waiting for? Get your own review system up-and-running today!
Critic was originally built to fill a need in our Marketplace (no other quality plugin existed). Each item needed customer reviews so sellers could receive feedback and potential customers could feel confident with their purchase.
Our goal was to make it as seamless with WordPress as possible. We did this by creating a custom comment type (no additional database tables, etc) which leverages existing comment-like functionality.
After successfully using it since January 2013, we felt it was time to share it with the world so others could benefit from it too. Hope you enjoy it!
Disclaimer: Screenshots above are from Vantage 4.0. The look on your site will not match exactly as shown above (of course unless you use Vantage 4.0). We’ve done the best we could to integrate with most themes, however, we can’t test against them all. You may need to add some custom css so the reviews are more styled to match your current theme.