This child theme works up to ClassiPress 3.6.1, it is not compatible with ClassiPress 4.x
AdSplash is a responsive ClassiPress 3.4+ child theme enhanced with new features that extend the ClassiPress theme on both desktop and mobile devices. Some of the features built into AdSplash include:
Mobile Responsive Menu
AdSplash features a new responsive menu that turns into accordion on mobile devices making this the most mobile friendly child theme for Classipress
Responsive Tabs & Accordions
- AdSplash features an improved tab system that turns into accordion on mobile devices making this the most responsive, mobile friendly child theme for Classipress.
- Recent ads (3rd tab) is presented by default to new visitors but this can be changed to a different tab ( there is an admin option built for this ).
- the first (Welcome) home tab is best used as a description page which is great for SEO (you can edit it in admin, html editor is enabled so you can use both text and images)
- Popular and Random ads front tabs can be disabled from admin for every visitor or only for the ones that use a mobile device.
Layout and Colors
- AdSplash features multiple color variations (Orange, Brown, Cherry, Grey, Green, Navy) for you to choose from. You can also choose how you want your content to be displayed (Aligned to Left or Right).
List / Grid ad layout view:
- the user can switch between List and Grid layout with a click of a button.
- new site visitors are presented with grid layout by default but this can be set to list as well ( there is an admin option built for this ).
- a site wide cookie is being set for the user to save the default selected layout, this way, the users will see the preferred layout design when they browse your site and even if they close the browser and come back later, the will be presented with the same design.
Search and filter by Location
- The top search bar has a unique feature that allows users to search for ads in a specific location using radius search.
- The City field is powered by Google Maps API and includes the options to either determine the user’s current location using Geolocation or to autocomplete the location as the user types the first letters.
- If City, Zipcode with Radius Search is too much for you, there’s also an option to use any other custom field as a location.
Infinite scroll pagination
- Besides default pagination that exists in Classipress, AdSplash has an optional pagination based on Infinite Scroll. Using this feature, visitors won’t have to click on page links to navigate in category pages because its enough to scroll down and new ads (pages) are loaded on the fly using ajax.
- This feature is optional, it can be enabled/disabled in AdSplash admin settings.
Support for Google Adsense between every 3rd ad
- Now you can include an Adsense ad (468×60 recommended) after every 3rd ad on category pages.
- Better yet (see bellow), these Adsense ads play well accross mobile devices.
Support for Google Adsense Mobile Responsive ads
- AdSplash has support for Google’s new Asynchronous code for Adsense which means Adsense ads won’t break the Mobile experience anymore.
Sorting / Filtering ads
- Category pages include a sorting / filtering ads option
Users can sort ads by:
- Newest ads
- Oldest ads
- Last modified ads
- Price – Lowest
- Price – Highest
- Most viewed ads first
- Most commented ads first
Users can exclude following ads:
- Ads without an image attached
- Ads that were marked as sold
- Ads that expired
- Both ads that were sold and ads that expired=
Single ad pages are extended with a set of 5 random related ads from the same category.
Admin options framework
AdSplash has an options framework integrated so you can change some of the unique features present in this child theme.